Oct 6, 2007

How could she do this to her?

This is a sunny Sunday, supposedly I am sleeping in this Sunday's morning. In fact, I have waited for my bus to campus. Mid-terms are all I want to blame for.

When I was waiting the bus in the bus stop which is near to NTUC, there is a Honda MPV had stopped. Before the car door opened, I heard that a woman's agitated voice. When she appeared in front of me, a little girl came out from the car first, following by that woman that is her mother.

I assume that Little girl (about 4-year-old) had forgotten to bring an exercise book which is needed for her lesson (a piano lesson?), she was scolded by her mum in the public!!! It supposed to be a common phenomenon - a mum scolds her little child. Although I don't think that it is a proper way of teaching the kid - scold them in the public. As no matter how young they are, they have their own pride. Parents should take care of their child's vulnerable pride and honour.

While they were walking away, that mum was keep scolding her little daughter. The worst comes. Thanks for that mum's LOUD voice, I could hear it very clearly that what she had scolded her child,

"Do what exercise for? Where's your book? Don't exercise anymore "la"!! huh?
You'd better go and jump the building!!!"

IS THIS A PROPER WAY OF TEACHING THE CHILD?
IS THIS THE TYPICAL WAY SINGAPOREAN PARENTS TEACHING THE CHILD?

I couldn't believe that a parent would say this kind of word to the child. No matter how angry, disappointed, upset they are, parents should not say it to the child. (heart pain)

I am so blessed having my parents. Although they may not have a professional education level like those of Singaporean people, they NEVER EVER ask us to go and die no matter how angry they are. (Tan's ROCKS)

Lastly, I am really hope that what I had seen is only a VERY minority of Singaporean parents' teaching method. (Buddhism)