Jun 12, 2008

be yourself, be your own lord

i just watch the TV programme - myworldmyblog regarding to the stories of teenagers in Singapore.

today, the story is about a teen who loves to be alone. he has been treated as a weirdo by his friends surrounding him, even his parents (i think this is the saddest part). so, he tried his best to change himself to suit others. however, he failed.

there is a sentence he said in the show caught my attention,

"if i can't be me (myself), what can i be?"

that is the point!

luckily, he accepted being himself and been accepted by others too. that is the end of the story. regardless its accuracy, the point is clearly stated.

don't push yourself too hard for the sake of others! unless they worth it! from my viewpoints, they are those of my family, so far. but the funniest part is, the one who understands me better is my best friend. hahaha... cool!