Jan 12, 2008

Achieve the Goals

My second last semester is going to start. 14th January 2008, Monday, I will attend my first lecture for this semester at 4p.m.. During this holiday, I learnt something about life, financial management and trust issue from people. I feel great as I wish to improve myself to be a better "human being", either in physically or mentally condition.

Thus, I set a number of goals to myself. It reminds me of my childhood. When I was young, I always set a lot of goals to myself. Some people may set only one goal in a year such as "I want to obtain 100 marks for my English paper.", "I want to gain more 10cm for my height.", "I want to be the class representative." and so on. I am not one of them. I like to set a lot of goals in different areas which I concern. I did achieve most of the goals except one - diet. Ha-ha... Should I blame for my mum's wonderful cooking skills? No, it's all my fault - no spirit of persistence.

Now, there is a number of goals to be achieved. I know what is the priority in the depth of my heart (That's not the diet, you guess wrongly ha-ha) and I believe that I will sacrifice some valuable and priceless people or things as a return.

"To gain something, we need to sacrifice something more than or equal value." I modified the origin sentence of Trade Equality. In real life, we may need to pay more to gain something we desire. That is the reality. I know it and I wish to get use to it, sooner or later. Like my dear 3rd sister said, "You can't gain both of them at the same time." (鱼与熊掌不可兼得). However, honestly, I want both of them (鱼与熊掌) and I will try numerous ways to get them, eventually. No matter what the result is, I wannna give it a try. At the same day, 4th sister mentioned about a discussion topic given by the interviewers, "Beauty, Power and Money, choose only one of them." My sister picked up one of them; If I were her, I will give them my answer - ALL of them. Ha-ha...