Mar 23, 2008

My S$ fled away~

一大清早,就已梳洗一番,准备出门了。(Os:我美好的星期天啊~)

My destination is Convention Hall 401, Suntec City, Singapore. Chan's Brother Travel Fair is held at 10a.m. Before reaching, there is another tour agency called Dynasty Travel organizing their travel booths at the entrance of Suntec City! A path we must pass through to go to Convention Hall, excludes those of drive cars or take cab. I must say, they are so mean! (Os: 够狠) Apparently try to snatch customers, (os: but I like it! ha-ha...)

However, what they (Chan's and Dynasty) offered me are so so so so lousy while their price are so high, compared to Five Stars Tours. I met a salesperson in Chan's Brother Travel Fair, I must praise for his presentation. Although the tour package is very lousy, he still can talk WELL, makes it very wonderful and interesting as well as take us, clients, into their consideration. I know that the 8-day tour package I want has limited seats for a particular day I chose. Then that clever salesperson was keep offering me a 7-day tour package which is SUPERB lousy to me. In fact, when I read through their tour itinerary, both packages are not attractive to me. note: Lousy, to me, is FEW places we will travel, TIME-CONSUMING transport spent on travelling to one place from another place. After I know their prices, there is only one word in my mind. (Os: SIAO) Luckily I am not stupid as I did some research on Taiwan, not only visited different tour agencies but also find information via Internet. Or else, I may be "persuaded" by his talk. However, thanks to him and this travel fair, I got some information about Taiwan and also their brochures! (Os: OMG, the Maps - in Mandarin o!!)
note: a Taiwan Map (in English) costs S$10.50 in NUS COOP.

Candy and Marcus accompanied me to the office of SA Tours in Chinatown. Candy was unhappy to the service provided by a salesperson, named him as A (a middle-aged male). Because of his attitude, we decided to compare the prices offered by other tour agencies which we can find them in Chinatown too. note: most of famous tour agencies e.g. Five Stars Tours, CTC, SA Tours, ASA Holidays and etc set their headquarters at People's Park Complex, Chinatown. However, after a discussion, we went back to SA Tours because of its tour itinerary is the optimal one BUT its price is also the highest. (Os: sobbing) To me, itinerary is more important as I hope my parents can enjoy the tour. (Os: so, BYE, my S$ notes~) Although we went back to SA Tours, we signed this deal with another salesperson B (a long-hair lady with a relatively friendly smile).

This is not an end of the story. I have to buy necessary stuff for this trip; luggage, handbag, swimsuits, more detailed research, contact friends in Taiwan etc... Hope this would be a great experience to me and my parents!