Dec 19, 2007

There is no U.

This period of time, I had watched 4 movies sequentially - Stardust, The Golden Compass, Enchanted and The Warlords. I

n my opinion, Stardust is the most unpopular (people thought it is a traditional romance movie) but the funniest. Thanks for that pirate captain (Robert De Niro), he lives up the show. Of course, other roles did well too (showed their humor) in this romance story.

The Golden Compass, I give it a high expectation (thanks for the advertisement) but get the most disappointment amongst these 4 movies. Luckily Nicole Kidman, such a beauty, played a role in the movie. I spent my time on enjoy watching at her. I think the most boring part is the fight of polar bears. I was totally "sian" daooooo... (Maybe I should read its story book first? I bet it is more interesting than the movie)

Enchanted is the moderate one. It did give me the laughter (ahhhh... ahhh... ahhhh...) but it did bore me once too (the part of disgusting dragon in the nearly end of the movie). However, overall I would prefer Enchanted rather than The Golden Compass (sorry Nicole Beauty). But, I cried for a scene when a little boy losing his Daemon in The Golden Compass.

The Warlords is the BEST! I know that these 4 movies have 4 different directions. Before the show, my sister's boyfriend said girls would not like this kind of movie. I told him, then, I would like it. After the show, I proved it. I cried daooooo... However, the most lame part in the show is Takeshi always said: 大哥是对的. (我额头马上冒三条线。)

Review: Blood Oath - The Pledge, there is no drawback, you must kill a stranger to show your loyalty to the brotherhood. The first scene made me sad is when Jet Li tells that going-die man, "Remember my face, take the revenge from me in your next life." (It shows his unwillingness to take an innocent life? But in the end, he killed. So, does it tell us that he will sacrifice others to achieve his ultimate goal?) The second scene is after the 1st war (Jet Li dare to gamble, dare to die - to obtain the military help of 陈公) when Takeshi distributes the compensation to those families whom their sons died in the war. (Losing someone beloved can't be compensated). The third scene is the massacre of Suzhou. I love Andy Lau's quote: 人无信就是畜生. However, nowadays, how many people can always keep the promise? So, do not too strict to your beloved. (Jet Li said he wants to achieve a peaceful life to people where they would not be bullied by those who are stronger in power, money or etc. I think, he lost his belief when he decided this massacre. Is his last tear shows his regretful sadness?) The last scene I was moved is Jet Li talked to himself (to his illusional 二弟), he will take good care of people, asking for welfare from Qing Dynasty. At that moment, I almost believe him. But, he showed his ambition in the end of show - aiming at the throne. It makes me sick.